Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I'm Back!




Hi, friends!

R and I just got back from Keystone last night - it was an awesome trip.

Highlights:


  • Teaching R how to snowboard and get down a blue without killing himself
  • Putting aside all concept of fear and just going "balls out" faster and harder than I've ever boarded in the past - even if it resulted in a gnarly bail leaving me dazed on the side of the slope wondering if my nose was broken. It wasn't.
  • Attempted and landed 2/4 jumps.
  • Soaking in the hot tub after a long day on the slopes.
  • Making a delicious Valentine's Day dinner for R and watching How I Met Your Mother re-runs in the condo we rented.


Also, when I arrived home late last night, I saw a small box addressed to me. Squee! It was my valentine gift from Ashalah's Be my Blog Valentine. It's basically like Secret Santa, but for Valentine's day.

My package came from Lauren, in Oregon - she sent some awesome things: The Love Actually soundtrack, A Chocolove Raspberries in Dark Chocolate bar, and a bag of coffee that smells AMAZING. I love getting mail that isn't bills, so this was definitely a nice thing to come home to. Thanks again, Lauren!

Well today is my last Photo I class, I start Photo II next week. I plan to start a flickr page or photobucket account so I can share my photos with all of you. Keep an eye out for that. In the mean time, I've got plenty of work to catch up on and class to attend, but when I return home later tonight I will post some Dear Diaries.

Sand falls through the hourglass, pages of the calendar flip rapidly, seasons change outside....
*Later That Evening*

How do you like that time elapse thing? Nice, huh? Ok, well as promised here is tonight's Dear Diaries.

4/27/95
Dear

Sorry I didn't finish this entry Sass, its just that I was reading through old entrys and I saw this one wasn't finished so I decided to finish it right now. Bye

Wow, that is an ADD entry if I've ever seen one. Clearly, I only got so far as to write "Dear" before I saw something shiny and got distracted.

May 30, 95

Yo! Sassafras! Hi! Sorry I didn't write for a while. Dude guess what! Peter Wilson finally likes me! Aieee! Hee Hee Hee Hoo! I'm doing backflips! Whohoo! O.K. enough of this foolishness. 4 more days of school. Whohoo! O.K. enough of that foolishness. Damn! Sorry I just forgot what I was going to write. Think, Think, Think. Shit! Oh well, I'm tired so I'm going to bed. Good night. See ya! Bye! Chow! See ya later! Hey I already said that. Sionara. Bye-Bye!

This is apparently when I entered my "bad-ass" phase of 6th grade. You can tell because only 6th grade thugs start off an entry with the word "Yo." Oh, but then I regress back into dorkishness talking about doing backflips (complete with drawings of loopdey-loops to demonstrate how the backflips should go). Then I realize I'm supposed to be a hard ass and I experiment with swear words for the first time (in writing at least). In fact, I think this was around the same time that I encountered some boys from school on the sidewalk after class. They were picking on me, or at least I believed that they were, so with a completely straight face I looked one of them in the eye and calmly said, "Fuck you." After that, they were all so shocked to hear the girl who never speaks a word to suddenly bust out the F-word, that they immediately stopped picking on me. It only lasted about a day, but it was totally worth it.

1 comments:

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

T, glad you liked it! Yes, I went to Oregon (and now work there). I've watched Galen run a lot bc I go to running events all the time and I'm well connected in our local running community. And it's Tracktown, USA so you can't really ignore it. Sounds like you had a good trip. Looking forward to seeing some photos. Cheers!

 
Template designed using TrixTG